Asphyxia/Suffocation at Birth
Brainstem Lesions in Human Infants
32. Ranck JB, Windle WF (1959). Brain damage
in the monkey, Macaca mulatta, by asphyxia
neonatorum. Experimental Neurology 1: 130-154.
33. Jacobson HN & Windle WF (1960)
Responses of foetal and new-born monkeys to
asphyxia. The Journal of Physiology (London) 153:
34. Windle, W. F. (1969). Brain damage by
asphyxia at birth. Scientific American, 221(#4), 76-
35. Myers RE (1972) Two patterns of perinatal
brain damage and their conditions of occurrence.
American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
36. Norman MG (1972) Antenatal neuronal loss
and gliosis of the reticular formation, thalamus,
and hypothalamus. A report of three cases.
Neurology (Minneapolis) 22:910-916.
37. Griffiths AD, Laurence KM (1974) The effect of
hypoxia and hypoglycemia on the brain of the
newborn human infant. Developmental Medicine
and Child Neurology 16:308-319.
Damage of the inferior colliculi: Result of
subjecting a newborn monkey to 12 minutes
of total asphyxia (or suffocation).
From Myers 1972.